Saturday, August 29, 2009

Strange Transmissions

wrote this to Daniel Pinchbeck to see what he thought:

"I am the king of gods. I merely wear this mask as a ruse to astound myself at the beauty and strength of my knowledge. Not a vision. There is no mirage. I am the oasis. I am the oasis. I am the oasis. I am the oasis. I am the oaisis. I am thieas sis isis. I am the dfgiasids. I am the oasiss.s. I am osiris."

I am not one to grip to every strange idea or metaphor I think of at any given moment, especially not those that I dream up on hallucinogens. This particular quote, however, came back to me as I was reading some of Robert Anton Wilson's works.

I am sure it is something, though I am also just as sure it is nothing. The reason it is so interesting to me is because at that time I had relatively no knowledge of Egyptian mythology, or of any sort of mystic connection between Isis, Osiris, and the star Sirius.

Does it mean anything to you?

Curiously yours,

-Ates Isildak


and he was nice enough to reply:

Thanks for the email.

I have other friends who have beamed into osiris during lsd trips without knowing much of egyptian mythology. That’s what past lives will do for you!

Yours,
Daniel


Daniel (Hebrew: דָּנִיֵּאל, Modern Daniyyel Tiberian Dāniyyêl ; Assyrian: ܕܢܝܐܝܠ, Daniyel; Arabic: دانيال,Persian: دانيال, Dâniyal or Danial, also Dani, داني ; Danyal; Greek: Δανιήλ, Dhanil) is the central protagonist of the Book of Daniel. The name "Daniel" means "God is my judge", Dan = judge, "i = a 1st person singular possessive suffix, and "El" = God.


Here is a link to a website about his groundbreaking book Breaking Open the Head (for those unfamiliar with his work, the book is spectacular) http://www.breakingopenthehead.com/

1 comment: